About the Rec Soccer Program
The Morris/Chatham Soccer Club Youth Soccer League is an instructional recreation program designed to provide interested youth in Grades pre-K through 8 an opportunity to play soccer. The program promotes the principles of good sportsmanship, equal playing time, balanced teams and a positive learning experience for all players.
Registration for the Fall 2017 season in now open. The registration fee is waived if you coach a team.
IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT YOU SIGN UP ON TIME AS WE CANNOT ADD CHILDREN TO TEAMS AFTER MID AUGUST OR PLACE INDIVIDUAL UNIFORM ORDERS BECAUSE OF LATE SIGN UPS.
Games will be played each Saturday beginning in early September through October at Crellin Park in Chatham. No Games will be played Columbus Day.Team assignments will be made in mid-August and your coach will call you when practices begin.
Teams are divided as follows:
- Mini Mites (mm) Co-ed Grades pre-K (must be 4 yrs old) and Kindergarten
- Division 1 Co-ed Grades 1 & 2
- Division 2 Co-ed Grades 3 & 4
- Division 3 Co-ed Grades 5 & 6
- Division 4 Girls Grades 1–3
- Division 5 Girls Grades 4–6
- Division 6 Co-ed Grades 7-8
- Players in Division 1 – 6 will receive t-shirt and socks
- 1st Time players in Mini-Mites will also receive a ball and shin-guards.
- 2nd year Mini-Mites will reuse their ball and shin-guards from the previous year.
- *ALL PLAYERS ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR SHINGUARDS AT ALL TIMES
Recreational soccer targets new players and players interested maintaining their skills.
Our Goal is to provide the players Pre-K and the opportunity to develop basic soccer skills and the enjoyment of the game.
Offer a supportive environment where learning and fun are emphasized.
Players can expect to play at least 50% of each game.
Small sided teams and games are used to enable each player to participate fully in the game.
No team standings are kept and keeping score is discouraged.
All games are played in Chatham and on Saturdays at Crellin Park.